My kid loves water. Loves puddles. So it is great that we moved to a place where it rains so often. For him at least. For Mom, it means muddy clothes and a complete freak out when 1) it is time to gt in the car or go in the house or 2) he realizes how wet his pants are.
So we pull out the rain coats but we need boots. We started looking at all the stores, thrift stores, department stores, online stores, etc., and either found girl ones, snow ones, or super-duper expensive ones. Or none at all in some stores. Then we found a pair at Walmart...Lightning McQueen. I even made the mistake of letting him try them on. That was a nice tantrum as we left the store. We just couldn't rationalize the cost with all the bills I just paid.
But I found a pair on Craigslist for $5. We got them today. Carter immediately wanted them on his feet and insisted on wearing them the whole day, including bedtime. He was not allowed to wear them to bed, but they could sit next to his bed. Until he needed them closer.
Maybe his pair for Christmas. And I think Tanner wants a pair too. At story time the last couple of weeks, kids take off their rain boots and Tanner crawls around the room, finds a pair, and just sits with the shoes in his lap. He may leave for a few minutes, but he will always come back to those rain boots.
No comments:
Post a Comment