I have always wanted to go to a pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins. Not that there is anything wrong with the store, but I hate digging through the display to find the one that I want. Last year I almost carted my family to a patch, but I could not bring myself to pay the entrance fees on top of a pumpkin.
But last week I saw a sign at a church just South of Campus for their annual Pumpkin Patch. I wanted to go. All the fun of picking out a pumpkin with none of the digging and none of the mud of a traditional patch either.
I wanted to get one before all the good ones were gone, so we went today after picking Jason up from school and collecting eggs at the farm.
Pumpkins, Mom. I'm so excited!
I am going to sit on it. That is, after all, what you do to pumpkins.
Showing off their pumpkins. We got a big family one and let them each pick out their own little one.
Off to the car with our stash.
To put into perspective, this is the family pumpkin. They were charging by fatness (girth) so we went with tall and skinny. I also had to compare leaning, stability, visibility of the pretty side, potential to rot, holes/damage. A lot goes into picking a pumpkin.
On a totally different note: I just had to say congrats to Jason's sister, Krystal, on her mission call to Washington. I totally called it, You can ask Jason.
No comments:
Post a Comment