Right after Jason got home from his mission, he got a job that required him to be on the road for weeks at a time. It was easier not to shave, so he didn't. He grew and kept a well-trimmed beard. He still talks about how great it looked.
Several times in our marriage he has asked if he could grow a beard. I "hemmed" and "hawed" until he got that I didn't want him to.
Recently, I wondered what he would look like with a mustache. He said he would grow one if he could do the beard too. Fine. So after he got back from his conference in Tennessee, he started growing.
Three weeks in, it bugged him so badly that he begged to shave it. Okay, I was getting a bit tired of being scratched. Plus, I was surprised by how much blonde is in his beard.
He actually went to work with the Foo Manchu. He said it was hilarious. The boss got in one line, but most people didn't want to say anything, afraid they might offend him in the case that I liked the facial hair. He later called them out as not being good friends for not telling him how ridiculous he looked. And they all laughed.
He got home and begged to shave it the rest of the way. Go for it...
Oh yeah, the kids were helping to shave him. Tanner took the shaving cream and "shaved" himself with the back of a comb. And Jason showed Carter how to shave and then let him take off the last bit of mustache by himself. I was shocked Jason was so trusting of the three-year-old with a razor to his face.
No comments:
Post a Comment