Monday, May 27, 2013

Birthday Bash!

I know... Carter's Birthday is tomorrow. But Jason works tomorrow and we wanted a day party, not an evening party, so today it was.

Jason was so sweet and did whatever I asked him to, so he spent two hours filling water balloons. He even watched the kids while he did it. Mr. Tanner played in the mud and the water and the dirt and ended up with stripes of mud down his side and legs.  Carrying around his stick, we called him "Warrior Tanner".



While Jason filled up balloons, I made the cake. Pretty good for my first time with fondant. I even made the fondant from scratch.


Our wonderful friends let us crash their house for the party and even let us invite another family for the occasion.

We decided it would be best to start with the inside activities and then move outside.

This kid was so intrigued by his presents that he would not look at me. Even when I asked him to show me the presents.







I thought that Carter would have a blast with a pinata. So...I made him one.

He was so excited to get the candy out...but he told me that I had to make another one for him to keep. uhhhhh...



We had to show Tanner what to do, but he caught on pretty fast.






 The pinata held up so well that all of the kids got to have at least two or four turns before we turned it over to an adult to whack it open for the candy.

With candy bags still in hand they ran to the next activity...water balloons.



The balloons were gone in like 5 minutes...but the boys decided it would be a great idea to bring out the hose. A blast for the kids. And a few of the adults, too.

After getting dried up, Carter came back in for cake. He was eating off the two plates in front of him (sans a fork) as well as a hand full of chocolate chip cookies. So funny.

Several kids declared this the best day ever...So, I totally made it as a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment