Monday, March 14, 2016

Full Term

We had a baby. Not a surprise, by any means. It was a little surprising that she waited as long as she did to come...She was born on her due date. I had been hoping for the 1st, Jason had been voting for the 29th. She would not come until the 3rd. 12:33am. And I mean would not, you can ask Jason and my mother-in-law. 

But when she decided she could come, she came fast. I started having contractions at 11pm. We were settled in at the hospital at Midnight. The midwife broke my water at 5cm, they put in an iv, I got in the shower for 10ish minutes, was checked at 7cm, had one contraction and she was crowning. Born 29 minutes after my water was broken. And I was so grateful to the midwife for believing I had to push even though I was only dilated to a 7 and no one in the room told me not to push.

Lindsey Ida Payne
March 3
12:33am
7 lb 7 oz
19 in

She spent a bit of time at the warmer. She was born so fast that her lungs did not have a chance to clear of fluid so she had to be suctioned out and put on a c-pap for a few minutes. Then, they could not figure out why her heartbeat was over 200 (normal is 120-160). Turns out, she was just really hungry.


Jason brought Carter to meet her before school that morning. It was also his Share Day at school, so we were able to send pictures of him holding her to his teacher and he got to share his sister for his share day.


The rest of the boys came a few hours later. So excited to see her and hold her.



He loves her. He asks to hold her, and he LOVES to pet her head.







Her Birth Day cake. Carter frosted and decorated it.









Look at those lashes!







We love this little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment