Halloween was not the best for me this year. That's what happens when you are sick with what you later find out to be walking pneumonia. But, we still tried to let the kids do some fun things.
Wednesday evening was our ward's Trunk-or-Treat. I was a bit sad that I didn't get to go...I had come up with a great way to decorate the car. I still managed to get the kids dressed up. And, sadly, this is the only picture I got of them in their costumes. Carter wanted to be Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. He got dressed first and Tanner was up. I asked him what he wanted to be and he said Jake. Uhhh...I was not planning on that at all, ever, but I did pretty good with what was on hand. Matthew wanted to be Thomas, but not knowing if he would keep it on, we dressed him in his skeleton pajamas underneath. Surprisingly, he kept Thomas on the whole time.
I only had two candy buckets, so I went to the thrift store to see if they had some. I found some really cute felt ones that some kid had written on in permanent marker. A little hairspray later and all is well. Matthew loved to carry one around as his own little man bag. He would put lion and his cup and some toys in it.
On Halloween, neither Jason or I felt up to going out and fairing the crowds, so we stayed home. Jason and the kids carved the pumpkin like Carter wanted...as Frankenstein's Monster. Then we had a movie night watching Curious George's Halloween Boo Fest with popcorn.
The funniest thing is that to hide all the candy from the kids, I put it in a pot on the stove with the lid on...and they have still not figured out where it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment