Saturday, July 12, 2014

Splash Pad

 Every week we go to the splash pad. The kids get outside time and I get the coolness of the water that allows me to be outside for any period of time these days. We get there when they open at 10 and are normally there for around two hours. Yes, it costs a dollar per person, but I think it is totally worth it, especially because you can leave and come back as often as you want during the day as long as you still have the wristband on.

I learned our first week that I had to bring plenty of snacks and drinks to keep everyone there longer and some sort of small buckets for the kids to play in the water with.

Right next to the splash pad there is a small playground that the kids love. We start at the splash pad for about a half hour, then go to the toys for another half hour and then back to the water for an hour to an hour and a half before we go home.

When we went this last week, we were rained out. But we had been there for an hour and a half, so still worth it. But you can see the rain clouds rolling in...




No comments:

Post a Comment