Saturday, October 21, 2017

Henry

 So I was sure that this boy was going to come a few days early. I had decided on Oct. 1st, but it came and went and I was still pregnant. I think it was because Elder Hales died, he put a pause in his last minute instruction to join in the joyous homecoming party. I also think it was because i had not completely wrapped my head around it. For some reason, this whole pregnancy I was plagued with the thought that I could not do this, I could not have a baby, I did not know how. How could I get through labor? I had two blessings, and a few days, to help me get through the thought/fear.

I managed to get some contractions, though sporadic, going before going to the hospital. If not, it was going to be an informal induction (go to the hospital and say that you think you are in labor and then get the Dr. to keep you and put you on pitocin and break your water). and the contractions were doing something. When the Dr. walked in, I was already at a 7. Break water and in under 10 minutes I was full and having a slight urge to push. At this point, I am used to  a baby coming barreling out like a freight train. But this boy, as soon as I sat on the bed, any urge to push went away. I stood back up and had the slight urge to push again. And then I sat down again. Talk about frustrating. But I managed to get him out, big as he was. He was also the first child I have had to push out shoulders. Normally, I get out the head and then the Dr. rotates one direction to pop out one arm and the other direction to pop out the other arm and out they slide. But the Dr. tried and failed to get either arm out, big chap.

He also would not cry while he was on me. He stayed a bit more purple than all would have liked, but he would not cry.

Henry William Payne
October 4
12:49pm
8lb 15oz
20in


First Bath, hated it...

Until she started to scrub his head. Likes head scratches, gets that from his dad.

Dining Services gave us a Birth Day Cake.



Proving that Dad was still working on writing while at the hospital.

Meeting the Brothers and Sister. Due to Hospital Policy, the kids were not allowed to go to the hospital, it being flu/RSV season. So they got to see him over Facetime, but did not get to meet him until we got home.






His Birth Day cake (a tradition).



Our first family photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment