Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Circus

 A few months ago, we heard that the circus was coming to town. So I kept an eye and an ear open on how to get discount tickets. In January, two clowns came to the public library to put on a show for kids. The kids loved it, it actually kept their attention for more than a few minutes. And I found a way. With the help of the library and Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey, I got 5 tickets for the price of 1. We were going to the circus.

We made sure to get there in the hour prior the the start for the All-Access Floor show, meeting the clowns and watching their skits and skills, watching some of the animals, and even trying on costumes and sitting on the motorcycles. The kids were in awe.

All I saw of them was the back of their heads.


The girls came out and did some of their different acrobatics.

I got Carter to try on the vest for 30 seconds and give a fake smile.

And when told to smile, Matthew popped out this face.

What a ham!

They did more of the more awesome small shows at this arena by the curtain because they could bring the animals in and out of the curtain.

Cool acrobatics in a plastic ball that splits in half. At one point, Carter said that this was hisfavorite part.




I actually had to ask Carter twice if he wanted to sit on the motorcycle.

But not my Matthew man.


We went walking to another spectacle and Matthew didn't want to hold my hand, he wanted dad. So he refused to walk and I carried him by the arm as best I could, him screaming the whole way. The Clown heard it as we walked behind him and put on an act for Matthew, to get him to stop crying. Matthew just wanted to hold the juggling pins.

Chick-Fil-A was the sponsor, so of course you have a clown cow.

And Andrew and I were there.

We rushed over to see the elephant paint a picture. There was a drawing competition between one of the clowns and the elephant. When it was over...Carter got the picture that the clown drew.




Cool...

Carter punching the blow up.

 From our seats.

The two would not look at me and the other two would not stop bouncing, so they came out blurry.


He was jumping rope on a unicycle.

I love the elephants.

So cool. Eight motorcycle in a ball at the same time.

Tanner was scared that the lions and tigers were going to eat him. Though, there was one lioness that was acting out a little...

The big lion.



He just pooped out there.

For the first half of the show, Jason wrestled with the middle two. For the second half, I got Tanner, who was the worst of the bunch, but that also meant that Jason got to see his favorite part, the acrobatics and trapeze artists. In the end, it was a ton of work, but the kids had fun. Matthew is a daddy's boy...he bit me twice because he did not want to hold my hand, he wanted dad's.

Carter with his clown art.

I found a clown nose in its packaging on the ground at the circus and Carter has adopted it.


No comments:

Post a Comment