On the plane home, an 8 year-old girl sat in the row behind Jason and Carter with her mom and little sister so she could play with Matthew across the aisle. Soon after take-off, she told me that I looked really young. A while later, after watching communications between me and Jason and the boys and realizing that I was mom to all three boys, she asked me how old I was.
After I told her, she leaned over to her mom and relayed it all back to her. I then listened to the whole conversation that ensued, mainly about me. The girl was wondering how I could have three kids and only be 25. Her mom proceeded to tell her that I was probably a teen mom, had the first at 18. That I wasn't very responsible because I probably didn't go to college, so on and so forth, and then proceeded to reiterate that the little girl needed to wait until after she graduated from college to have babies.
I had to laugh.
Wow, is that what people think when they look at me and ask if all three boys are mine?
That comes a week after I was asked by a little Asian couple which of my sisters was my mom and that they were sure I was 13. (I did not have the kids with me.) I think that was a little extreme, but it was still funny.
And one other funny thing. On the flights, we would point out to Carter that we were flying above the clouds. He started saying that we were in outer space and that he did not want to go to outer space. It was okay if Curious George went to outer space because he was a monkey and he fixed the satellite, but he (Carter) did not want to go to outer space, he wanted to go to Grandpa's house...so he could ride in Grandpa's car and go to the car wash and swim in the pool and watch the Dora movie.
Silly woman! She would probably feel pretty goofy if she knew the whole truth about the brilliant you.
ReplyDelete