Oh well, moving on. We had fun with eggs, plastic ones. They were even cool ones that looked like balls (Carter's), race cars (Tanner's) and chicks (Matthew's). Carter was right on board with everything...he knew the drill.
He just needed a bucket. Which led him to the presents that the Easter Bunny brought. Cute side note: The kids are with me when I buy most of the presents. So Carter knew that he was getting a pinwheel. He started asking for it a few days before Easter and I told him that we gave it to the Easter Bunny to give to Carter. Then he was so excited for the Easter Bunny to come. Right before bed, he came up to me and said, "Mom the Easter Bunny is going to come and he needs to bring a Christmas Tree." Took me a second...Presents go under a tree.
Now we have a bucket.
Bring in Tanner
Little more time, and we get
Can you tell what's coming?
Carter figured out that the eggs held candy. He quit collecting and started eating. But since it was before breakfast, Dad took the bucket and said no more candy for now. Dad went to go make breakfast and walked back in to find Carter sitting in the corner eating more candy...He found more eggs around the room. Smart guy. Then Dad gave up and the bucket came back out.
Matthew with his present. I love this picture of him!
So this is my Easter Cake...a yummy mess. In my defense, it was the first time I had ever tried this recipe and I made the cake and filling from scratch.
Carter, before bed last night: "Dad said no more candy before bed. Mom, can I have some candy?"
Gotta love the honesty.
No comments:
Post a Comment