Thursday, June 16, 2011

30 Weeks and Counting...



Wait, who's counting?

ME!! and Jason. I think he is a tiny bit more tired of me being pregnant than wanting to meet the baby.

But in the meantime, here's where we are. I am 43 inches around! Yes, 43. That is one more than I was when I delivered Carter. No wonder I can't move. And the hard part, I'm still growing. I weigh more than I ever have (though I will not admit to the world how much that really is). I hope to never weight this much again in my entire life, even when I am pregnant.

Somebody asked me recently if this pregnancy is better or worse than Carter's. I just said it was different. I threw up more with Carter, but the morning sickness also lasted a few weeks less. I got heartburn during the first trimester with Carter, but got it during the third with this one. Carter liked to be in my pelvis and right under my ribcage and this one likes to be as far forward as he can manage to stretch my belly and has actually kicked me in the back ribs and kidneys a few times. And he moves so enthusiastically as he is pushing out that I cannot tell if I am having contractions or not. For the most part, I assume that they are not and push back on him. And because this one is so far forward I get sore faster and stay that way longer (pelvis, lower back, hip joints). With Carter, I craved everything and was super open to everything that was available to eat while with this one I craved almost nothing and nothing ever looked or sounded or smelled appetizing. Both love to kick dad in the head, though, when he lays on them. Makes me interested to see how the next ones will be even different.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you posted pictures!!!! You look so cute! Bah! I can't stand it! What a cute pregnant lady you are (I don't care that you say you've gained a lot of weight - from what I can see you look wonderful!)!!

    ReplyDelete